Learn all there is to know about seaweed while taking a walk along the beautiful Norwegian shoreline. Forage seaweeds and cook a delicious meal. See below for our seaweed activities and get a taste of the sea!
An inspiring introduction to seaweed, followed by a seaweed forage tour along the coast. You will learn about the species you can eat and how to prepare them and there will be a tasting of some delicious seaweeds.
- 1,5 hours
- group size max. 12
- 345 kroner for adults
- 200 kroner for children
Seaweed safari & cooking
You will learn more about seaweed and the different species you can eat and how to prepare them. We will forage delicious seaweeds to cook and eat a simple meal together on a nice spot along the coast.
- 3 hours
- group size max. 8
- 745 kroner for adults
- 395 kroner for children
Hike, seaweed & cooking
We will start with a hike along the scenic coast of Runde, learn about the island and the seaweeds you can find there. After the hike we will forage seaweeds and use them to cook a delicious meal with them.
- 5 hours
- group size max. 8
- 995 kroner for adults
- 545 kroner for children
We will follow the current regulations from the Norwegian Government
- The Seaweed safaris and outdoor cooking workshops can only take place during low tide, so the starting time depends on the tidal cycle. Look on the calendar for the Seaweed activities that we have planned
- Allergy information: seaweeds can contain parts of shellfish. The products that we work with can contain nuts or traces of nuts. Therefore we do not advice those with a severe allergy to participate in our outdoor cooking workshop
- We walk along an exposed and rocky shoreline which can be wet and slippery at times. Wear good outdoor shoes and dress according to the weather. You participate at your own risk!
- You can book all seaweed safari's by calling us, sending us an email or via the booking site of Runde Miljøsenter (https://www.booking.rundecentre.no/en). The outdoor cooking workshop can be booked until 48 hours in advance.
- We also do tailor made programs round seaweed for groups at location in Runde or in the rest of Norway.
If you have questions or special requests, get in touch!